- The O&ARR is one of several small railroads that were absorbed into the evolving enterprise that became today’s Norfolk Southern Railway. Two modern stations of the Virginia Railway Express service passengers on the portion of the line within the area that was Ravensworth:
Rolling Road Station at 9016 Burke Rd in Burke and Backlick Road Station at 6900 Hechinger Drive in Springfield, which site is very close to that of the original Springfield Station.
- Fairfax Station Railroad Museum, housed in the original depot – relocated a short distance from the tracks to 11200 Fairfax Station Road. Nearby, the original Saint Mary of Sorrows Catholic Church building was built in 1858 to serve primarily the Irish immigrants who came to the area to work on the railroad.
- Thirty-five miles west in Warrenton an excellent restaurant, Claire’s at The Depot, operates in the depot that anchored the end of the Warrenton Branch of the O&ARR.