Ravensworth remained exclusively in Fitzhugh family hands from 1685 to 1796 when parcels began to be sold to outsiders. William Fitzhugh (the Immigrant) never lived there nor did any of his heirs for the first 100 years. Even into the 20th century many who owned large pieces of Ravensworth made their lives and fortunes elsewhere.
Owners are all who inherited, bought or otherwise held permanent title to some parcel of Ravensworth, no matter how small.
Biographies are presented for owners where enough information has been found.
- Fitzhugh Family – founders and owners through several generations
- Craik, William (1761-1814)
- Daingerfield, Henry (1800-1866)
- Goldsborough, Mary Caroline (1808-1890)
- Gooding Family – acquired 8.6% of Ravensworth in 11 parcels between 1814 and 1853
- Newman, John H. (c.1850-1894)
- Newman, Oscar (1852-aft.1900)
- Newman, Richard P. (c.1841-1891)
- Payne, William (Colonel) (1751-1813)
- Ratcliffe, Richard (c.1751-1825)
- Rose, Henry (c.1773-1810)
- Smith, Augustine Jaquelin (1774-1830)
- Stuart, David (1763-1814)