In 1773, David Price leased 179 acres in Parcel 1.1 from Henry Fitzhugh (Colonel). Here he established Price’s Ordinary, a place of lodging and refreshment, at the intersection of the Mountain Road (today’s Braddock Road) and Backlick Road. The establishment existed for about 20 years. In October 1787, Price’s Ordinary was the site of a meeting at which freeholders of Fairfax County voted to approve the adoption of the proposed United States Constitution.
- Price’s Ordinary historic marker (A Look Back At Braddock)